Updated: Oct 20, 2020
Tiger is the largest cat species and third-largest meat-eating animal. It can live about 10-15 years, but some news has heard about some tigers rarely lived for more than 20 years. It is also the national animal of India. Tiger species are getting endangered. , For the protection of it, July 29 is observed as the international tiger day. Here is some interesting affairs about tigers.
* According to research in fossils of tiger found in northwestern China, scientists defined that tigers might have before 2 million years on earth.
* Tigers are better swimmers than cats. To catch its prey, it can swim 40 meters per hour
* Tigers are lonely residents. Each of them has the main borders in various places. They don't catch prey grouply, they find food lonely. This makes it different and powerful than lion.
* Tigers' sound is horrible. It can make sounds about 18 hertz and when a tiger roars its sound will arrive 3.2 km far.
* Tigers like hunting at night. Because they can see always in dark. their eyesight is six times better than human beings.
* According to the findings, there are only 3800 tigers remain in forests. tigers are mostly found in captivity with between 7,000 and 8,000 of these big cats held in tiger farms for breeding.
* Tiger's hind legs are longer than their front legs. The bones of the tiger's front legs are strong. These features enable them to leap forward far up to 10 meters (32.5 ft).
* from every 20 combats of the tiger to hunt it wins just once, it spends much of its life only for hunting. Before eating, it bites in the neck of the prey and assures it died. Tiger eats about 40 kilograms one time. It hunts big animals like moose, deers, cows, pigs, horses, buffalos, goats, etc,
* The backsides of the tiger's eyes have white spots. Those are thought to make preys fools and impress enemies as it is seeing them.
* Tiger is heavy but faster compared to human clocking 49-65 km/h.
* There are six subspecies of tiger still alive on earth. They are Siberian, Bengal, Sumatran, South China, Indochinese, and Malayan tigers. All of them are dangerous. The rest three subspecies dead because of Extinction. Presently, only 7 % of the tiger remains on earth.
* Tiger is a heavy animal. The heaviest class of tigers named Amur Tigers also known as Siberian, Manchurian, Ussurian, or Northeast China tigers can grow up to 3.3 metres and 300 kg more.
* ⅔ of the world tiger population is living in India. So, India is first in the tiger population. There are 2226 wild tigers available in India. The second rank is Russia followed by Indonesia, Malaysia, and Nepal.
* Sumatran tigers are the smallest tiger subspecies. They themselves can grow up 2.2 - 2.55 m in length and 100 - 140 kg weight.
* Each subspecies of tigers can be understood from the lines in its body. Tiger stripes are different in everyone as human fingerprints.
* Tigers don't hunt anything when they aren't hungry.
* Female tigers give birth to three or four cubs after 3.5 months gestation period. Due to cold, hot, hunger, and eating of male tigers, many of them die.
* Don't kill tigers without any needs. It is a crime and has been punished.